Sunday, January 31, 2010

Review of First Month

I started to drink coffee today, and it wasn't a monumental change. I was instantly happy, and a couple hours later I really needed a nap. The nap could be because I ate a big lunch of a Philly Cheesteak and Sweet Potato Fries from Adega Wine Cellars. I dream all week about that lunch. To the point I feel the need to restrict it. Restricting pleasure is an issue of mine. Another example of this odd behaviour is that I feel the need to restrict buying sandwiches at this place that makes really good sandwiches. The tunamelt at Ellipse Cafe is wonderful! Overall, it may be a money issue. There's nothing wrong with not buying out if I can find a better alternative, and if buying out is not financially feasible. Although PB&J has been good to me, I may need to diversfy my lunch so that I'm not compelled to buy it elsewhere.

That's a problem with me, if I like it I need to restrict it. Hmmm, there's something wrong there. Maybe that's why I don't date much. I thought it was the other way around. I thought I didn't date much because there was something contrived about it, something about it I didn't like. Maybe in my heart of hearts I like meeting people . . . and being uncomfortable, and potentially humiliated . . . actually, there's a lot of very good people out there. I'm just bashful. The problem with restricting food may be that if I like it, and I need more control in my life, restricting a food item is easier for me than restricting something else. So, maybe it's not the same as not dating . . . afterall, with regards to dating it's not just me saying no, eh?

I can't change the url of this blog, but I can change the name, so maybe I'll change it to The Running Year. Drinking coffee or not drinking coffee is not part of the equation anymore.

The last time I ran was a week ago. It was a great run then, but the past week hasn't been great. I can't wait until running is an activity that is not affected by my work. When I am worn down at work, I just get too tired to run. I know I have the time. That's what this year is about. By the end of the year I should relegate running to a must-do activity so that some of my hours are filled with activity and joy. After this first month, although I'm not there, yet, I feel like I am on my way. It's been cold, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment